Modern Vaudeville Press is currently accepting manuscript proposals in circus, juggling, vaudeville, and other areas of nonfiction.
Please browse our web site to get a better sense of how your project might fit within our established publication lists. Modern Vaudeville Press is not currently accepting proposals in fiction or poetry.
A book prospectus should include the following:
- a clear and concise description of your book and its notable features
- a table of contents, including a brief précis for each chapter
- an estimated word count of the project
- an estimate of the number of illustrations, tables, appendices, etc.
- an analysis of the expected audience for the book
- a round-up of competing books (if any exist), and a brief explanation of the uniqueness of the proposed book
- an approximate date when the manuscript would be completed
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
We do our best to respond to submissions within six weeks of receipt. Due to our small staff size and the large number of submissions that we receive, our review time may take longer. Please be patient while we give your proposal or manuscript our full consideration.
Send all materials to email@example.com with “manuscript submission” as the subject line.