Modern Vaudeville Press is currently accepting manuscript proposals in circus, juggling, vaudeville, and other areas of nonfiction.
Please browse our web site to get a better sense of how your project might fit within our established publication lists. Modern Vaudeville Press is not currently accepting proposals in fiction or poetry.
A book prospectus should include the following:
- a clear and concise description of your book and its notable features
- a table of contents, including a brief précis for each chapter
- an estimated word count of the project
- an estimate of the number of illustrations, tables, appendices, etc.
- an analysis of the expected audience for the book
- a round-up of competing books (if any exist), and a brief explanation of the uniqueness of the proposed book
- an approximate date when the manuscript would be completed
- a current resume or curriculum vitae